The Basic Powder Metallurgy (PM) Short Course is the powder metallurgy industry’s longest running course—celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2014. If you or your company’s employees are new to the PM industry, this is the course for you.
This Intensive 3-Day Course Is Designed Especially for You, If You Are:
- Looking for an introduction to PM;
- Updating their knowledge of recent industry developments;
- Seeking to expand current knowledge of the industry in order to enhance advancement opportunities;
- Specialized in one area of PM and looking to broaden their background in the field;
- A user of PM parts (or you wish to be one).
When You Attend This Class You Will Learn:
- PM history, current practice, and the future
- Why PM is a leading method for producing metal parts
- The many applications that use PM parts
- The fine points in designing for PM
- How metal powders are produced
- Designs for compacting tools
- How sintering develops functional properties
- About various secondary operations
- About Metal Powder Industries Federation standards and tests
- About metal injection molding
- The latest high-tech PM technologies, including metal additive manufacturing (3D printing)
…and receive over $600 in books/standards!